RME ADI-2 DAC & HEADPHONE AMP (latest version)
NORD EASY-DAC USB
hope you and the family are keeping well.
I notice that you have started selling the RME ADI2 DAC... if only I’d known sooner! I’ve just bought one, admittedly it was ex demo so got it at a good price.
It’s a superb piece of kit and sounds excellent, but I must admit, a little complicated for someone who can’t see.
However, with the help of Mrs Mac I’ve got it to sound better than my M DAC+, which I was sceptical about and way superior to the Chord Qutest which I had on home demo.
Hope this reaches you and you haven’t changed Emails
Why is this the first non Nord product we stock? To many customer were telling they bought one to pair with the Nord. So we bought one in to evaluate, and yes they were right, then you factor in the price a performance bargain like the Nord, perfect fit.
Made in Germany, this DAC has balanced outputs and is the perfect partner to drive the Nord power amps directly and control volume with amazing results. Complete with powerful DSP 5 band parametric EQ, fast bass and treble adjustment and comes with a easy to use remote.
Capable of high resolution PCM, DXD, DSD up to 768kHz / DSD256.
Its also a high quality headphone amplifier both for over ear and IEM headphones. Beautifully made, sounds amazing and has an extremely comprehensive manual.
In 2016 RME released the RME ADI-2 Pro. With a lot of fresh ideas, innovative features and numerous useful functions it rolled up the AD/DA converter scene and quickly became a reference for both AD- and DA conversion. Equipped with two Extreme Power headphone outputs it also found its way into HiFi and home use, getting countless rave reviews for its sound, flexibility and technical prowess.
To address the home and HiFi users, RME exchanged some of the Pro's studio features with typical home and HiFi ones. With an adapted feature set and much simplified operation RME proudly presents the ADI-2 DAC. Built on the technology, concept and features of the ADI-2 Pro, the DAC concentrates on DA conversion in top high-end quality, along with two exceptional headphone and IEM outputs, and - a remote control.
RME ADI-2 Pro SPECIFICATIONS
• Lock Range: 28 kHz – 200 kHz
• Jitter suppression: > 50 dB (2.4 kHz)
• Jitter when synced to input signal: < 1 ns
• Accepts Consumer and Professional format
• 1 x RCA, according to IEC 60958
• High-sensitivity input stage (< 0.3 Vpp)
• AES/EBU compatible (AES3-1992)
• 1 x optical, according to IEC 60958
• ADAT compatible
• AKM AK4490 DACS
• Output level switchable +19 dBu, +13 dBu, +7 dBu, +1 dBu @ 0 dBFS
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +7/+13/+19 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +1 dBu: 115,4 dB RMS unweighted, 118,9 dBA
• Frequency response @ 44.1 kHz, -0.1 dB: 0 Hz – 20.2 kHz
• Frequency response @ 96 kHz, -0.5 dB: 0 Hz – 44.9 kHz
• Frequency response @ 192 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz – 88 kHz
• Frequency response @ 384 kHz, -1 dB: 0 Hz – 115 kHz
• Frequency response @ 768 kHz, -3 dB: 0 Hz – 109 kHz
• THD @ -1 dBFS: -112 dB, 0.00025 %
• THD+N @ -1 dBFS: -110 dB, 0.00032 %
• THD @ -3 dBFS: -116 dB, 0.00016 %
• Channel separation: > 120 dB
• Output impedance: 200 Ohm balanced, 100 Ohm unbalanced
As XLR output, but:
• Output: RCA sockets, unbalanced
• Output level 6 dB lower than XLR (-5 dBu to +13 dBu @ 0 dBFS)
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +13 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +1/+7 dBu: 114/116 dB RMS unweighted, 117/119 dBA
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ -5 dBu: 109 dB RMS unweighted, 113 dBA
• Clocks: Internal, SPDIF In
• Low Jitter Design: < 1 ns in PLL mode, all inputs
• Internal clock: < 800 ps Jitter, Random Spread Spectrum
• Jitter suppression of external clocks: > 50 dB (2.4 kHz)
• Effective clock jitter influence on DA conversion: near zero
• PLL ensures zero dropout, even at more than 100 ns jitter
• Additional Digital Bitclock PLL for trouble-free varispeed ADAT operation
• Supported sample rates for external clocks: 28 kHz up to 200 kHz
• Internally supported sample rates: 44.1 kHz up to 768 kH
As RCA but:
• Output: 6.3 mm TRS jack, unbalanced, stereo
• Output impedance: 0.1 Ohm
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +22 dBu: 117 dB RMS unweighted, 120 dBA
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ +7 dBu: 116 dB RMS unweighted, 119 dBA
• Output level at 0 dBFS, High Power, load 100 Ohm or up: +22 dBu (10 V)
• Output level at 0 dBFS, Low Power, load 8 Ohm or up: +7 dBu (1.73 V)
• THD @ +18 dBu, 32 Ohm load, 1.2 Watt: -110 dB, 0.0003 %
• THD+N @ + 18 dBu, 32 Ohm load: -107 dB, 0.00045 %
• THD @ +14 dBu, 16 Ohm load, 0.94 Watt: -110 dB, 0.0003 %
• Max power @ 0.001% THD: 1.5 W per channel
As Headphones, but:
• Output level at 0 dBFS: -3 dBu, 0.55 V
• Signal to Noise ratio (SNR) @ -3 dBu: 115 dB RMS unweighted, 118 dBA
• Max power, 8 Ohm, 0.001% THD: 40 mW per channel
NORD EASY-DAC ES9038
Nord Easy-DAC a USB Sabre ESS 9038 based DAC using the incredible technology from Khadas. The SQ is better than our Cambridge 851N Streamer also improving the SQ of devices like the Bluesound Node. Measured distortion and noise which is expressed as "SINAD" (signal above power of distortion and noise) is 110 and comes in the top 10 of 100's of DAC's tested at Audio Science Reviews our RME DAC scores 112 just 2 better. But ultimately its SQ that matters and its hear our Easy DAC is better with a very easy going full rich sound with great imaging and no harshness. USB and S/PDIF Coax digital inputs make a simple and superb sounding DAC. This will easily complement our Nord One NC500 amplifiers its that good.
All housed in a quality Japanese Takachi ABS case, light weight and a lovely finish.
OTG USB adaptor required for Android phone connection and Apple camera adaptor cable.
DAC SABRE ESS ES9038 32 bit DAC Chip
XMOS XU208 USB Interface
USB C Port in and 5V Supply
S/PDIF In Up to 192KHz
2 x RCA Output: 2V RMS FS
Ultra low jitter / phase noise clock: >30pS
THD + N: 0.0003%
Frequency Response: +- 0.08dB 10Hz - 20kHz
PCM to 768 kHz
DSD to DSD256
Dimensions (excluding RCA connectors): 180mm x 150mm x 45mm
Windows (driver-less in Windows 10)
High Quality Braided 1m USB lead
Dimensions MM W175 H50 D120 Weight 0.3Kg